My husband and I recently went to an intensive marriage seminar (put on by Family Dynamics Institute) specifically designed for marriages that are in crisis. (Ours has been “in crisis” since last September) It was a great seminar that I would recommend to anyone whose marriage is struggling.
One crucial thing that I realized at the seminar is that I have a really hard time accepting love.
I guess I didn’t just realize this at the seminar…I actually wrote a guest post a couple of months ago for SheLovesMagazine.com about the difficulty of being the one “on the mat” (referring to the Bible story about the man whose friends carried him to Jesus on a mat). Click here to read it.
- Maybe he takes me out to dinner because he actually enjoys my company.
- Maybe he does want sex…which, in marriage, is a good thing.
- Maybe he asks me what I want for my birthday because he really wants me to enjoy my special day.
- Maybe he actually loves me…maybe he’s not full of hidden motives and motivations.
- Maybe I can’t accept his love because I don’t believe I’m actually worthy of it.